Power of Attorney | Sydney Financial

Power of Attorney

The Importance of power of attorney.

What happens if you don’t have an enduring power of attorney? If you do not get around to putting an enduring power of attorney in place and suffer an illness or loss of mental capacity, an application would need to be made to the relevant Administrative Tribunal in your state or territory for a financial administrator to be appointed to act on your behalf. If the relevant Administrative Tribunal feels there are no appropriate family members or friends who can be appointed, they would usually appoint the Public Trustee to manage your financial affairs.

If you would like more information about enduring powers of attorney, please contact us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *